The following guidelines will help to prevent pests in your facility!
- Keep all areas free of loose materials such as cardboard, rags, waste and equipment.
- Clean structures frequently with brooms and vacuum. Pay particularly close attention to “out-of-the-way” places.
- Clean both the interior and exterior of all equipment (electrical and mechanical) often.
- Make sure that plumbing, both supply and drains are clean and in good repair to reduce humidity and moisture. Eliminate all leaks and moisture!
- Anything that gets wet should be dried right away. This will reduce moisture.
- Keep garbage areas clean and dry with garbage cans and covers in good condition.
- All cardboard boxes should be removed immediately. Cardboard boxes usually come from warehouses and factories, which can be infested with roaches. Roaches love to harbor in cardboard.
- Post-Treatment: DO NOT CLEAN WITH BLEACH! Bleach will neutralize the pesticides.
- Instead use products that contain essential oils like Green Works or Murphy’s Oil Soap.